over 2 years ago
How do you feel about organisations in the Royal Borough of Greenwich reducing their environmental footprints?
What type of organisation are you answering on behalf of?
Small/med sized business (<250 staff)
What are the main sources of carbon impact that your organisation generates?
Transport and deliveries
What advice or support would you need from the Council to help you understand how you can make improvements to your organisation's premises?
Support in understanding where to start
Do you have a travel plan in place to encourage sustainable ways for your staff or students to travel to and from your premises?
What measures would you like to start implementing?
• Ask suppliers for environmental credentials
Does your organisation place a strong emphasis on 'green' credentials and use that as a key marketing point?
No, this is not core to our organisation
What would make it easier for you to reduce your environmental impact as an organisation?
• Information on energy efficient appliances
• Information on green tariffs
• More affordable options
Does your organisation have a food policy or a commitment to sustainable food practices?
Add your like! More reaction types are coming soon.
School or nursery
If your organisation has premises what renewable energy technologies would you like to install?
• Solar PV panels
Support in obtaining funding
What measures are you as an organisation already taking to reduce emissions?
• Reduce energy consumption
• School Streets
• Using low carbon delivery services
Please tell us of any other actions you are planning to implement to address carbon emissions of your organisation?
We have refitted lights with LED lighting
We have started the School Streets initiative.
Solar panels might be difficult to install on old school building.
Being ‘green’ is being explored
• Air source heat pumps
• Change/ reduce packaging we use
• Use low carbon delivery services
• working with local companies to create circular supply chains. promoting local ethical businesses.
• Using low-emissions vehicles
• carbon foot printing products, opening a public location for mending workshops, swap events, hire kits and Terracycle events, community fridge, Tupperware library, food and growing workshops.
Auditing carbon footprint. Planting trees to mitigate carbon emissions. Researching green web hosting options and data storage. Electric cargo vehicle or cargo bike if I can find funding.
Yes, this is key to our organisation
• Information on green technologies
• Funding for renewable generation and insulation. Grey water reuse information.
• Wind power, water collection and filtration to reduce mains water reliance
• Use low-emissions vehicles
• Signed up to Good Food in Greenwich
• Reducing energy consumption
• Benchmarking my energy use
• Not doing anything